Saturday, October 4, 2008

We're Moving!!!

Dave and I have decided to move back to South Dakota. I know you are probably all shocked, as are we. Everything happened really fast and most of the time I can't believe we are actually doing it. Let me give you the run down of how this happened.

Weekend of August 30th - Dave and I were talking and I told him that if the Daktronics Corporate headquarters (located in Brookings, SD) called him and wanted him to come back to SD to work, that I wouldn't be opposed to moving back. This was the biggest step of this whole process for us. As probably most of you know, I always said that I would never move back to SD, but it's amazing what having a child will do to you. What made me ultimately tell Dave this was that I was really tired of the long commute from home to work and vice versa. I would spend an hour in the morning before work and an hour and a half after work on the road with dropping off and picking up Audrey at daycare. Many times I would sit in the car and be thinking that I could be spending this time with her instead of sitting in my car. By the time we got home, Dave and I would only have an hour and a half with her before she would be in bed. Time is too precious at her age to waste!

Wednesday September 3 - Dave sends me a text that says "Internal Audit Director position at Daktronics." I texted him back asking him what he was trying to tell me. You see, he had been wanting to move back to SD for quite a while, but just never said anything because he knew that I didn't want to. He took me telling him I would be OK with moving back as a green light to go see what was available. Well this position was absolutely perfect for me and he knew he would have no problems transferring to corporate.

Friday September 5 - I talked to Shelia Anderson on the phone. She was the contact person on the open position. She explained to me that this was a new position for them and the person who gets the job would basically be creating the Internal Audit department. I was very excited about this opportunity. After our very informal phone conversation, she invited me up to SD for an interview.

Thursday September 18 - I headed up to SD for my Friday interview at Daktronics. I met with the CFO and 2 Controllers. All interviews went great as they offered me the position before I left.

Tuesday September 30 - I officially accepted the position as Internal Audit Director at Daktronics.

Talk about quick!! As you can see, this all happened in ONE MONTH!!! Call us crazy because I'm beginning to think we're nuts!

No comments: