Friday, October 24, 2008

Getting Ready for the Move

My goodness it all happened so fast. We put our house on the market, but have only gotten one bite so far. All good comments, but unfortunately they just put their house on the market and would like it to sell before they commit to buy a new one. I have to say I was getting really tired of making sure the house was in showing condition every time I left. That is really hard to do with a 6 month old and all her toys!!!

My last day at KPMG was October 17th. It was a very sad day for me as I just wasn't ready to leave. I loved working there and all the people I worked with. I held back the tears for as long as I could, but by the end just couldn't hold on any longer. I'll definitely miss it.

We really couldn't start packing until right before we were going to load the truck in case we got a showing on the house, so the packing started at 1:00 on Monday October 20th. The plan was to have the truck loaded by Thursday night so it could take off first thing Friday morning. My parents were going to move us back to SD with their semi truck. They arrived in SA on Monday evening to help me pack and get the truck loaded. Believe it or not, we got the whole house packed and loaded by Thursday at 5:00. We were exhausted, but glad it was over. It is somewhat amazing what you accumulate in 4 1/2 years. When we moved down to San Antonio we filled the largest rental truck you can get and when we moved back to South Dakota we filled an entire semi truck!!!

It was hard driving away from the house that night knowing that we would never live there again. We both really loved that house and were really sad to say goodbye.

No comments: