Sunday, February 22, 2009

Audrey Update



Since I’m really behind on my blogging, I thought I would throw all of Audrey’s new things into one post, so I apologize if this one is a bit long. I’ll try and time table it out and make it as brief as possible.

Crawling – Audrey started the army crawl the second week of January. It’s been way fun to watch her wiggle around on the floor like a little worm. She’s pretty darn fast too! This past week she finally started to crawl regularly 100% of the time. Now she's even faster!!

Real food – yup she is starting to eat some “real people” food. So far she's had bananas, cheerios, grapes, carrots, green beans, and peas. It's getting a little more complicatated feeding her now because now she doesn't really want baby food anymore.

First word – Momma! As well it should be with all that I’ve endured. I think Dave was a little sad that it wasn’t Dadda, but he hasn’t had a baby attached to him 24/7 for the last 10 months either! It is very cute when she says it because she says it with a little growl. She is now also saying book...of course since that's her favorite thing to do.

Pulling up - she can now pull herself up onto furniture. She started doing this on my weekend off of course when Dave took her to the grandparents house for the weekend. I hate missing those things. She'll be off walking soon I'm sure.

Teeth - she has 5 1/2 teeth now. She almost has 4 on top and then her 2 bottom ones.

Patty Cake - it's amazing how she knows that that's the song that she is supposed to clap with. Everytime it plays or we sing it to her she starts clapping. Very adorable!

She's definitely keeping us busy, but we are getting a little more freedom as she plays by herself a bit better now. She also stopped wanting us to rock her to sleep. Now as soon as she starts rubbing her eyes and sucking her thumb, it's bedtime and off she goes to her crib where she doesn't even put up a fuss. We just turn her mobile on and off to dreamland she goes. A part of me misses the snuggling, but I also enjoy the extra time at night that this gives me. I suppose I'll just have to get used to things changing as she gets older as I don't think I can stop it!
So I guess that about sums up the new things that Audrey's been doing. I'll try to do better at posting more frequently in the future.

1 comment:

D and K said...

Love all the new posts and updates and can't wait to see you guys in March!

Kristin