Sunday, February 22, 2009

Helmet Update


August 2008 November 2008


January 2009

Audrey has had her helmet for 6 months now and I thought I would post a little update as to how she is doing. She is on her 2nd helmet and is scheduled to get her 3rd and last one the week of March 15th. I have to say that the time has gone by a lot faster than I had expected. She is still doing really well with it and for the most part doesn’t know it is there. I have noticed that since she’s getting older, she has a tendency to pick at the Velcro straps a bit, but only occasionally.

We are on a reference list for Dr. Jimenez who performed Audrey’s surgery and we randomly receive calls from families whose child has been diagnosed with craniosynostosis and are exploring their options. In a recent conversation with a lady I told her that I would email her some pictures of Audrey so she could see exactly what the helmet looked like. As I was going through all our pictures I decided to send her a before the surgery picture and a current one along with a couple of Audrey in her helmet. Now I’m not sure why I had not done this previously, but it was shocking to see the before and current pictures! I guess when you see her every day, you don’t recall how it used to be. Granted I never thought Audrey’s head shape was real bad, but the pictures tell a different story. The transformation is amazing and she still has 6 more months to make her head even more perfect!!!

No comments: